Monday, October 20, 2008

40w2d

Oops - I didn't post anything yesterday. As the title of this post indicates, I'm still pregnant. Here are a few things that obviously don't induce labor... at least not with me:


  1. Lifting weights (carefully!)
  2. Cardio and/or walking
  3. Going up and down the stairs a million times
  4. Acupuncture
  5. Listening to loud band music
  6. Washing floors on hands and knees
  7. Poking my belly
  8. Asking my child nicely to please, come on out
  9. Not having my hospital bag totally ready


I realize I'm not that late, and as my little ticker on the right indicates, "On average, first babies arrive 8 days after their due date." Ok, but I'm still getting ancy over here, mostly because I don't want to wind up having to be induced. I know that's still a little ways away (induction), but I was hoping to not have to go that route. Luckily I'm not very uncomfortable - if I was uncomfortable and late, I'd be one super hormonal bee-atch.

I did wake up at 5:30am with some slight back pain. Since I haven't felt anything that might indicate that Butters feels like exiting, and I haven't had any back pain whatsoever, I thought "Oohh...maybe this is something!" Of course, it went away and I haven't felt anything back-wise the rest of the day. Grrr. Right now I feel some lower abdominal pressure, but I know that doesn't really mean anything either.

I know there are other things I can try - nipple stimulation, castor oil (which I will not be trying), more walking... though walking for a long time isn't that comfortable because my toe still does hurt. I have a funny feeling that it doesn't really matter what I do... Butters has his/her own little timetable.

I just really don't want to be induced, and the my main reason is a bit silly.... I want to do something regarding pregnancy without medical intervention. I needed IVF to start this pregnancy... I would like my body to cooperate and finish without induction. I know that's silly, and as long as I have a healthy baby, who cares how he/she gets here? Besides, going to the hospital to have a baby isn't exactly giving birth without medical intervention (has anyone seen the ads for the new series that starts on the Discovery Health channel tomorrow called 'Free Birthing'?!? Ack!) But still....

I know, I'm impatient.

How about those Phillies?! :)

4 comments:

nancy said...

~giggle~. Labor will come, I promise! Hang in there though, inductions SUCK.

Anonymous said...

try sex.

'wait ... wtf? ... stop ... wait! ... just a ... second ... let me ... out! ... stop! ... occupado! ... stop! ... wait! ... baby! ... on! ... board! ... people! ... hey! ... watch ... the ... eye! ... '

Luke said...

i'm no poster child for the perfect birth,but this is what i did to prepare my cervix. Needless to say, my cervix was NOT prepared! I did however go into labor early. Sex everynight, Raspberry leaf tea twice a day and evening primrose oil capsules 3 times a day. It was also a full moon when my water broke and only 1 cm dialated, Grrr! Best of luck. hope butters comes soon for you.

Luke said...

Hmm, that comment might have been useless considering you posted it two days ago. Hope butters is HERE!!!!