Tuesday, October 14, 2008

39w3d and my toe

So, since I am not physically uncomfortable from pregnancy, I decided, hey, why not do something to make myself uncomfortable...like smash my toe! I really hope my son/daughter does not inherit my 'no coordination' gene. I tend to be clumsy and bang into things easily, and pregnancy certainly hasn't exactly helped this trait. So anyway, I was walking out of the bathroom today - a simple task...I mean, walking through a doorway, right? No problem? Ha - not for me! I somehow jammed my second to last toe on the baseboard while exiting, and I mean jammed. I heard a !crack! and screamed all sorts of colorful words. I don't think it's broken because I can (ow) move it. It's turning purple now and hurts, but I can walk, as long as I kind of walk on the inside of that foot. I tried putting a sneaker on and can't because it hurt too much. I've been taking breaks and sitting down with ice on it from time to time.

So now I'm moving a lot more slowly, which is irritating the hell out of me. On the bright side, I figure that maybe this was a sign...that if I hadn't smashed my toe I would be doing too much and would wind up going into labor on the 16th, and now I because I won't be walking nearly as much, I won't. Maybe? Or maybe I'm just a klutz who can't walk through a bathroom doorway.

On another note, I think yesterday must have been 'bring your baby or pregnant self to Ta.rget' day. I was in Ta.rget, and I swear, I have never seen so many babies and pregnant women at a Ta.rget in my life. Now granted, it was the middle of the day, and the Ta.rget is in the same shopping center as a Bab.ies 'r' Us... but I have been in that same store and the same time of day before and have never seen anything like what I witnessed yesterday. Was this just a local phenomenon or did I miss some national 'bring out your baby' day yesterday? ;)

Time to ice my toe.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Ouch. Sounds painful. It makes sense to me that it would be easy to stub your toe when you can't see your feet!

Rebecca said...

Before I got pregnant, I avoided Tar.get like the plague. There are always kids, babies, and pregnant women...it's amazing! Now I'm one of them and you will be too!

As far as the slow movement thing...I couldn't stand that part of it! I had always been pretty quick and then all of the sudden, I couldn't move at all! It's getting better day by day, but it's still frustrating!

Dr. Grumbles said...

ouch - hope the toe heals