Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Still Kicking - 14w3d

I should write a nice long post with lots of updates right now, but I'm not. I'm fine. Nothing is wrong - I just haven't been posting, and not for any particular reason other than I've not been in 'writing mo0d' for some reason. Don't know why. I have things in my head that I want to say but I just haven't been writing them down. Here's the super brief overview, which I hope I have the motivation to expand upon and don't just disappear for another month! But you know me...

(The following has to do with 'p' stuff, for anyone who may not be in the mood to read)

1. Butters update: Had NT scan a few weeks ago at 12w2d. The ultrasound was super clear and I could have sat and watched Butters move around all day. He/she didn't want to get in the correct position for the ultrasound tech and insisted on laying upside down with his/her butt in the air. I actually had to get up and jump around to try and get Butters in the right position. (seriously) Butters measured slightly ahead at 12w6d. The results were good - my risk for Trisomy 21 is now 1:1000 and my risk for Trisomy 18 is 1:10000. I am not getting an amnio.

2. Symptom update: I have more energy now, and have been back at the gym now for about 7 weeks, but am still a little more tired than usual. I also just started getting headaches, which are probably hormone related. I had a particularly bad one this morning, which has faded a bit thanks to Tylenol, but it's still there.

3. Bump update: No bump. I am not showing yet. The weight I have gained seems to be distributed all over (?) I did not gain anything between my 9 and 13 week OB visit - which is good because I put on some weight right in the beginning. I'm not overweight, but I'm not underweight either. I just removed a long paragraph I just wrote about weight because it really needs to be a separate post and not included in a brief update. If you're like me and had weight struggles since you were a child, then you'll understand....

4. Next Dr. appointment: May 13.

I know a lot of people - well, a lot in the small group of blogs I tend to follow (and have neglected commenting recently on yet again!) are in the 2ww right now or are just about to be. I really hope there's some good news this month.

6 comments:

Ms. J said...

I am so glad you checked in. I was worried about you, because I know you had that scan, and when you weren't posting I got nervous.

No problem with not feeling up to long blog entries, but remember to post the occasional "hey, everything's fine with me, and the baby is cooking just fine!" (see, I am scolding you from online, hee hee!)

Seriously, lots of support to you! I have a feeling I will be nodding with LOTS of understanding when/if you get around to a post about weight gain and weight "issues" during pregnancy.

Congrats on the GREAT test results!!!!!!

Bill said...

Your scan sounds like it went perfectly (except for having to jump up and down!)...that is so great. I'm also glad that your energy is back...it feels so good when that happens. Take care of yourself!

Dr. Grumbles said...

People vary a lot in their bump development. I'm sure it'll show up soon. Glad all seems well!

Rebeccah said...

Sometimes in this arena, we just have to figure that no news is good news, but it's great to hear that all is well. Looking forward to reading whatever you feel like posting -- or not! : )

Denise said...

Glad to hear you and Butters are doing well!

Maria said...

YAY, so glad to see you're still doing well!!